Welcome to the second half of the Summer Term. I hope you have had a lovely break and a ready to learn lots of exciting things.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns about your child.
Miss Critchley & Miss Canty
Topic this half term – How Does Your Garden Grow?
- In Science we will be learning all about the function of parts of a plant and explore the requirements of plant for life and growth.
- In Design and Technology we will be designing and making a planter for growing plants outside. We will think about the product, purpose and user to help us design the planter.
- In Art we will be developing our skills of observational drawing, focusing particularly on flowers and plants.
- Finally, in Computing we will be creating digital assets such as presentations, films, websites, apps or newspapers.
This half term we will be focusing on the following areas:
- Place Value in context of measures
- Mental calculation in a variety of contexts
- Fractions in practical contexts
This half term we will be writing classic poetry, fantasy stories and an explanation text.
This half terms recommended books are:
- The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton.
- The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton.
- The Hidden Forest by Jeannie Baker.
- The Famous Five by Enid Blyton.
- The Secret Seven by Enid Blyton.
- The Thing in the Basement by Michaela Morgan.
Please could children have their reading books and reading records in school each day as we will be listening to them read regularly. Would you please ensure that you sign the reading record when you have listened to your child read at home. Please encourage your child to read at least 4 times a week at home.
- Children will have regular spelling sessions in which they will develop new spelling strategies. Spellings will be sent home weekly, please encourage your child to practise at home.
- The children will also have timetables sent home weekly, to practice for a test of Fridays.
- Homework will also be given out each week alternating English or Maths, which will be due in each well on Wednesday.
lease ensure that children have a full P.E kit in school at the start of each term. P.E will be on Wednesday and Thursday. They need black pumps when working indoors and trainers for outdoors.