Welcome to the second half of the Spring Term. I hope you have had a lovely break and a ready to learn lots of exciting things.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns about your child.
Miss Critchley & Miss Canty
Topic this half term – The Iron Man
This half term we will use the story ‘The Iron Man’ as a theme for our learning. In Science we will be learning all about forces and magnets and we will also be working scientifically.
In Art we will be experimenting with adding detail and dimension to drawing and also focus on adding tone and texture.
In Design and Technology we will be learning how to create different levers and linkages to create a pop up book based on the Iron Man.
This half term we will be focusing on the following areas:
- 2D and 3D shape including angles
- Written addition and subtraction (statistics)
- Position and direction
This half term we will be writing a novel with a theme and a diary recount.
This half terms recommended books are:
- The Diary of Dennis the Menace by Stephen Butler.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney.
- The Iron Man by Ted Hughes
Please could children have their reading books and reading records in school each day as we will be listening to them read regularly. Would you please ensure that you sign the reading record when you have listened to your child read at home. Please encourage your child to read at least 4 times a week at home.
- Children will have regular spelling sessions in which they will develop new spelling strategies. Spellings will be sent home weekly, please encourage your child to practise at home.
- The children will also have timetables sent home weekly, to practice for a test of Fridays.
- Homework will also be given out each week alternating English or Maths, which will be due in each well on Wednesday.
lease ensure that children have a full P.E kit in school at the start of each term. P.E will be on Wednesday and Thursday. They need black pumps when working indoors and trainers for outdoors.