- Our Learning
- Home Learning
- Year 5 Resources
- Previous Daily Home Learning
- Summer 2 Home Learning
- Week 6
Monday 6th July 2020
- Read and watch to find out what propaganda is and how it was used in World War 2 by following the links (see task sheet)
- Explore the propaganda posters used during World War 2
- Choose one of the posters and the message and write a script for an advert which could be aired on television, promoting the same message.
Maths: E-learning task: Multiples and factors- BBC Bitesize
Paper task: Factors worksheet
Tuesday 7th July 2020
- Read and watch about The Blitz (following the links on the task sheet), making notes as you read.
- Look at the photographs of The Blitz, writing down any words or phrases that you think of whilst looking at them, use ‘Word Hippo’ to expand your list.
- Watch the Youtube clip about The Blitz
- Either write a poem to describe a night during The Blitz or write a blog entry as though you are in one of the houses on the Youtube clip, during The Blitz
Maths: E-learning task: Prime numbers and square numbers
Paper task: Square and prime numbers
Wednesday 8th July 2020
- Read the opening chapter from the book “Letters from the Lighthouse”
- Use Word Hippo to find the meaning of any words that you’re unsure of
- Write down what you think Olive’s thoughts and feelings are during each key point in the chapter and give reasons for your answers based on what you have read.
Maths: E-learning task: Multiply by 10, 100 and 1000
Paper task: Multiply by 10, 100 and 1000
Thursday 9th July 2020
- Read about ‘Rip the Rescue Dog’ on the link (pages 1-8) or see the paper copy.
- Write a magazine information page about Rip the rescue dog using the features listed on the task sheet.
Maths: E-learning task: Short and long multiplication https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zjbyvk7
Paper task: Calculating Area
Friday 10th July 2020
English: Use all you have read and watched over the past two weeks about World War Two to create either a mini-documentary or a non-chronological report (see task sheet for more information).
Maths: E-learning task: Weekly challenge
Paper task: Arithmetic: Twinkl Test 7