Monday 29th June 2020
- Explore key facts about World War Two by watching and reading the two sources, making notes as you go.
- Based on what you have watched and read, create a quiz for a member of your family / your teacher to answer.
Maths: E-learning task: Finding an improper fraction of a whole number (on ‘The Maths Factor’ website)
Paper task: Finding an improper fraction of a whole number
Tuesday 30th June 2020
- Listen to the radio announcement that told the people of Britain that their country was at war with Germany and jot down how you think people felt when they heard this for the first time.
- Watch the opening scene from Goodnight Mr Tom and write down words and phrases to describe the scene
- Using the words and phrases that you have gathered, write either a free verse poem or narrative piece to describe the scene
Maths: E-learning task: Multiplying two proper fractions (on ‘The Maths Factor’ website)
Paper task: Multiplying fractions
Wednesday 1st July 2020
- Read and watch to find out why children were evacuated and what life was like for them.
- Create an information page about life as an evacuee.
Maths: E-learning task: Measure and calculate perimeter (BBC Bitesize) https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zfhkd6f
Paper task: Measure and calculate perimeter
Thursday 2nd July 2020
- Read the opening of ‘Goodnight Mr Tom’ (up to page 5)
- Based on what you have read, draw a picture of what you think the two main characters described – Mr Thomas ‘Tom’ Oakley and William ‘Willie’ Beech, look like- label with words and phrases taken from the text.
- Watch the opening of the film. Compare the opening of the book and the film and write down your preference and the reasons for your choice.
Maths: E-learning task: Calculating area- BBC bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zh9brj6
Paper task: Calculating Area