Monday 4th May 2020
- Read ‘Deadly Factbook: Mammals’ extract
- Write three sentences to describe each of the five animals you have read about.
- Choose your favourite animal that you have read about today and create a fact file about it.
Maths: E-learning task: Rounding remainders up or down (on ‘The Maths Factor’ website)
Paper task: Rounding remainders task
Tuesday 5th May 2020
- Read and watch videos about each of the deadly animals (links on the task). Jot down any words or phrases that grab your attention as you go.
- Based on what you have learnt, create a quiz for a family member, adult or teacher to answer.
Maths: E-learning task: Review of tenths, hundredths and thousandths as decimals (on ‘The Maths Factor’ website)
Paper task: Tenths as decimals task
Wednesday 6th May 2020
- Read the extracts from ‘Predators’ and ‘100 Most Feared Creatures’ and watch the video link.
- Imagine that you are Steve Backshall or David Attenborough. Write the narrative you would say to accompany the snake and iguana scene. Try to include lots of facts about snakes using the key words and phrases you have jotted down.
Maths: E-learning task: Converting between fractions and percentages (on ‘The Maths Factor’ website)
Paper task: Converting fractions to percentages
Thursday 7th May 2020
- Design your own deadly creature- draw it, label the deadly features and write some sentences to explain why it is so deadly.
Maths: E-learning task: Other key fractions as percentages (on ‘The Maths Factor’ website)
Paper task: Converting key fractions to percentages
Friday 8th May 2020
VE Day Bank holiday