Hello, my name is Rochelle (or Miss Tyson to the children). I am the family support worker for children and families of Primet Primary School. I am available in school Monday – Friday 8:15am – 4:15pm.
I am here for you to speak to me about ANYTHING you may require support with, whether that be child development and behaviours, accessing the school nurse or support for yourself. Please just ask, I am more than happy to help in any way I can and if I can’t help I should be able to direct you to the right place.
I support families in different ways:
- I listen and appreciate parent issues and offer suggestions and advice for individuals and families. I also sign post to other services available within Pendle.
- I support children on a 1:1 basis, listening and working with them in various ways e.g. Anger management and control
- Key transitions, including moving between schools/classes
- Development of pupil self-esteem and confidence
- Friendship issues / bullying, including social networking
- Family issues: bereavement, new baby in the family, parent’s separation / divorce
- In addition, I support families through a programme of home visiting.
Should you wish to speak with me you can ask for me at the school office or alternatively email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01282 864607 and ask for Rochelle.