Cleaning and hygiene
The following procedures have been put into place for all children and adults.
- Frequently wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds and dry thoroughly. This is completed every time anybody comes into the building and before and after eating.
- Clean their hands on arrival at the setting, before and after eating, and after sneezing or coughing.
- All children and adults are encouraged not to touch their mouth, eyes and nose.
- Use a tissue or elbow to cough or sneeze and use bins for tissue waste (‘catch it, bin it, kill it’).
- Ensure that help is available for children and young people who have trouble cleaning their hands independently.
- Consider how to encourage young children to learn and practise these habits through games, songs and repetition, this will also be a part of PHSRE lessons. All staff will insist that all children are washing hands.
- Ensure that bins for tissues are emptied throughout the day.
- Cleaning rotas are maintained through out the day and all touch points are frequently cleaned.
- All rooms/classrooms should be well ventilated using natural ventilation (opening windows) or ventilation units.
- All doors are open, where safe to do so (bearing in mind fire safety and safeguarding), to limit use of door handles and aid ventilation.
- All cleaning equipment is audited so that school has enough to use.
- PPE is provided for use.